Later this summer Susie and I will go to Buckingham Palace to attend a Royal Garden Party, we're both very excited.
Everyone else seems to be getting very excited about Richard Barnbrook being invited and bringing Nick Griffin as his partner. To be honest I think it rather sad, here's why:
1. They will find themselves standing around not being talked to. This is what Barnbrook does a lot at formal City Hall functions.
2. They will not meet the Queen. Most people who attend don't get to and the Royal's team of fixers will make sure that the Queen won't get into any embarrassing situations.
3. Bring your "boss" to an event like this does rather say "I don't have any friends".
4. Putting out a press release about the invite does rather say "I don't get out much" and a quick look at Mr Barnbrook's declaration of hospitality confirms this.
5. The Royal family are immigrants! Hardly in line with the BNP's core values.
I like Boris but I think he's wrong to make a big this about this invite, Barnbrook got elected and will get invites every now and then. If we have a bun fight every time they do they will get the exposure that they so desperately crave.
P.S. I wonder if he'll wear a morning suit or prove that the brown one really is the only one he owns?
Ed @ Google Asks “Who is the Odd One Out?”
1 minute ago